Monday, February 13, 2012

Buick Verano - A few more things...

Seat is still terribly uncomfortable.  Will probably end up using a towel or pillow until I can find a shop willing to pad the seat some more.  Hopefully, future Verano models address this by adding up/down tilt to the rear part of the seat, as well as lumbar adjustment.

Auto-dimming rear view mirror is top notch!  It is more sensitive and faster to change than my Infiniti G37x was.  There were many times headlights were shining in my eyes and the Infiniti mirror didn't seem to do anything.  Have yet to have that issue with the Verano's.

Tinted strip along the top of the windshield is a nice addition.

Car has a rough shift point around 21mph both when accelerating and when braking, nothing too bothersome.

Shortly after starting the car, as I'm driving away, I always hear a weird mechanical crumple.  I'm not sure what it is - I assume something or other is engaging, but its definitely a really awkward sound.  In other cars its barely audible, this almost sounds like I ran over a few aluminum cans.  Every single time.  I actually thought I accidentally hit something the first time I noticed it.  Might mention it to service next time I'm in and get a better explanation.

I've dropped down to about 25.6mpg.  Not complaining though.

No comments:

Post a Comment