Thursday, July 19, 2012

Blown rear sub :(

I have never turned the volume past 20 (which is still I think less than half of the total max volume).  I generally keep it on 12.

Just passed 5000 miles and it appears my left rear sub-woofer (up near the rear window) is blown.  Unless the song I'm listening to has very little bass or I turn the bass way down via Tune - it makes terrible vibration/buzz/rattle noises.

At first I thought it was just loose and bouncing around, but accessing it from the trunk proves that it is mounted quite solidly in there so it must be blown.

Sad day. :(

2 comments:

  1. Did this end up being a rear blown sub and did they repair it under warranty? Just wondering.

    And any updates on your seat complaints?

    Thanks for all your info on this car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, sorry for the late response, didn't notice the comment.

      It was not a rear blown sub, it was the plastic casing above it that was loose. Apparently it has happened to others (buickforums.com) and the fix was relatively simple for service to do (for free).

      I have grown accustomed to the seat and it no longer bothers me :)

      Delete